Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Eggplants Abroad, Episode 2: WWOOFing in France

Former sous-chef Dan is currently WWOOFing in France. He sends the following eggplant updates, as quoted directly from an e-mail that I have not yet received permission to quote, but oh well:

I am sending you some pictures, which include, variously a) eggplants and b) cats. I thought you'd like them.

At the end there are two eggplant dishes - one is an eggplant caviar I made with my friend in Lyon for a poker night, the second is a dish with eggplants and zucchini we had at the farm. They are both super simple so I didn't bother asking for a recipe. But I thought the pictures of eggplants in the greenhouses would interest you the most.







Presenting vegetables to cats: an Aubergenius specialty.

Thanks, Dan!

Once again, if you are abroad and would like to update the blogosphere on your eggplant-related activities, please e-mail me. See previous entry for submission details. Of which there are few. So here are some more: include in your e-mail some descriptions of your photos and let me know whether you'd like to be featured by full name, first name, or anonymously.

P.S. People have complained of some difficulty commenting, and it looks like many comments on this blog have been spontaneously deleted. I have no idea why. If you are an experienced blogger and know what's going on (as well as why my font size keeps changing randomly), please let me know. Merci et bon soir.

No comments:

Post a Comment