Sunday, May 25, 2014

... and several months later, another homemade Indian feast!

This poor blog has gone somewhat to seed, not unlike the lakefront park this morning:


Meanwhile, I am now the proud owner of an Aubergenius-themed apron thanks to the generosity of my blog's most loyal reader, my very own grandmother... but alas, I feel ashamed to don the apron given the scarcity of posts in the last several months. I have looked at eggplants, purchased eggplants, admired eggplants, chopped eggplants, prepared and even eaten eggplants many times since the last entry, but for some reason my desire to post photos and glib commentary has waned.

Nonetheless, I had an amazing feast prepared by none other than my piano teacher, Amy Briggs, who is as phenomenal a cook as she is pianist and teacher. She single-handedly made several different curries, veggies, dal, and a homemade VEGAN raita (made from tofu and surprisingly refreshing). And of course eggplant was among the spread:

Clockwise from left: saffron rice, green beans with mustard seeds, potato and cauliflower curry, dal, eggplant, and raita.
A bird's-eye (or hungry-piano-student's-eye) view.

It was quite a cooking extravaganza.

The amazing chef!

Overall, a very impressive and totally delicious (and totally vegan!) meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment