Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Remiss

I apologize for the blog hiatus. The reasons are thus:


1. I am currently in the midst of an apartment move. Fortunately, the new kitchen has increased counter space, enabling me to cover approximately 4x more surface area with eggplants.
2. The recent summer heat wave has discouraged me from cooking/heating up the apartment, with the exception of little 10-minute toaster-oven pizzas that use pocketless pitas as crusts.
3. I'm working on a few ambitious entries that will take a while, e.g. book review, anthology of eggplants abroad, and "three sisters" recipes. More in the coming month.


In the meantime, I couldn't resist buying these beautiful stripey eggplants, called "zebra" or "graffiti" eggplant, which are among the more attractive varieties commonly available in many supermarkets.


Graffiti 'em on up.
They look sort of like marble from up close.
Kitty enjoys the view.




Unfortunately, in the midst of the heat, all I felt like doing was sautéing them to put on my mini-pizzas. Someday soon I will figure out something to do with them that displays their beautiful skins, such as stuffed eggplants or maybe Chinese dragon eggplant, in which the entire shape of the eggplant is preserved. Until then, I'll just take pretty pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment